I know I have hit on a really good raw food recipe when I can barely get the dish photographed because I want to eat it. So, if I tell you I should have taken more pictures of this one, you get the drift. The flavors compliment each other beautifully. The spicy chips love the cool cucumber dip. And the final addition of cumin to the cucumber dip (thanks Mom) was the perfect touch. These make a great appetizer, meal or beautiful addition to your entertaining raw food recipe collection.
2 eggplants, peeled and sliced thin1/4 cup olive oil1/2 cup water1 tablespoon agave nectar1 teaspoon smoked paprika1/2 teaspoon chipotle
1. Place sliced eggplant in bowl.
2. Mix all of the rest of the ingredients together, pour over eggplant.
3. Marinate over night, stirring occasionally to coat.
4. Dehydrate at 145 for 1 hour, reduce heat to 116 and dehydrate until crisp, about 6-8 more hours. (Don’t worry about starting at a higher temperature. The food never gets to that temp and is still raw.)
Cucumber Cumin Dip
1 cup cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsedYoung thai coconut, flesh from1/4 to 1/2 cup water1/2 lemon, juice from1 clove garlicpinch Himalayan Salt and pepper1 cup cucumber, diced to 1/4 inch pieces1 teaspoon cumin1 tablespoon parsley
1. Place cashews, water and coconut flesh, lemon juice and garlic in food processor. Process until smooth.
2. Remove from food processor to bowl. Mix in salt and pepper (to taste), cucumber, cumin and parsley.
3. Serve with eggplant chips.
For more great appetizers check out the recipe list here: Rawmazing Recipes
Tagged as: healthy recipes, organic, raw food, raw food diet, raw food recipes
View the original article here