Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

21 Raw Questions

I have seen a few of my favorite raw food bloggers doing these 21 raw questions so I thought I would give it a whirl…
1. Favorite Raw Vegan milk? Almond Milk… we drink it straight up, put it in cereal, and add it to fruit to make ice cream, and of course we make yummy smoothies, usually banana chocolate with Amazing Grass Powder.
2. What are the top 3 recipes you are planning to make? Hmmm… this summer I am looking forward to raspberry and blackberry sorbet, watermelon smoothies, and fruit salad. We like to keep it simple.
3. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? The first time I made raw key lime pie it came out lumpy and REALLY sour because I just peeled some key limes and threw them in the blender. The next time I just juiced regular limes instead.
4. How do you organize your recipes? I keep them on my computer in text files, or bookmarked from web sites… it is not a very good system and I need to figure something else out.

5. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? Compost definitely. We throw everything in a bowl on the kitchen counter and when it gets full we toss it into the compost pile in our back yard.
6. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be? Strawberries, watermelon, and snow peas. Delicious!
7. Fondest food memory from your childhood? Probably my mom’s prime rib. I LOVED prime rib with a passion. Pretty sad that my fondest food memory is of eating a dead cow.
8. Favorite raw ice cream? Raspberry Lime Sorbet. I have always loved sweet and sour.
9. Most loved kitchen appliance? My Vita-Mix… life would be incomplete without it!
10. Spice/herb you can’t be without? Cilantro! I spent over 20 years in the Southwest so Mexican food is soul food to me and salsa with tons of cilantro is the heart if it.
11. Recipe (Cook) book you have owned for the longest time? Joy of Cooking. My Mom gave it to me but I don’t ever use it.
12. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Not crazy about jams and jellies generally but Blackberry would probably be the most appealing.
13. Favorite raw (vegan) recipe to serve to an omni-friend? A green smoothie because when people drink their greens and enjoy it, it is like Christmas.
15. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. Almonds, Walnuts, and hemp seeds.
16. Favorite grocery store? Whole Foods.
17. Food blog you read the most.Yikes, that is like asking which tooth I brush the most.. I read TONS of foods blogs!
18. What is one ingredient that you’ve become familiar with that you can’t imagine you ever lived without? Chia seeds.
19. Most coveted condiment? Shoyu sauce.
20. Best food smell? Garlic.
21. Best cooked food memory that you’d like to re-create raw? Clam Chowder. I could substitute oyster mushrooms for the clams but that is as far as I have gotten in my planning, lol.
Play along by answering the 21 Raw Questions on your own blog!
Copy HTML: 21 Raw Questions' readOnly size=84> If you like this then please subscribe to the RSS Feed.
View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment